You can be the first one to upload photos!
Upload photos now!
- State of Chuuk
- State of Kosrae
- State of Pohnpei
- State of Yap
Wiki Voyage Travel Information
Micronesia is the northwestern region of Oceania and is home to many tropical and subtropical Pacific Ocean islands.
Micronesia is a vast area that mainly consists of water. Transport can be a major issue because of the lack of an organized highway or byway, found in larger and more vast countries. Due to the lack of space on the islands, most activities are nautical, scuba diving etc.
English is the official language of all countries and territories here.
Palau and Guam have the best connections from outside Micronesia. The US territories, insomuch that civilians are allowed to enter, are connected to the US. As the airports often aren't large enough to accommodate large airplanes, expect flights to be of the island-to-island type which often means several landings and takeoffs before you're at your destination.
There are only three world heritage sites in Micronesia:
- The Bikini Atoll Nuclear Test Site, Ralik , Marshall Islands
- The Rock Islands outside Koror , Palau
- The site of Nan Madol outside Pohnpei , Federated States of Micronesia
By using general common sense, most tourists and travelers will not have any difficulty around the islands.
Micronesia does not host many foreign embassies.
- Disclaimer & Licensing information
- Content was imported from WikiVoyage: Micronesia and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of PhotoWorldMap. We do not guarantee the correctness of this information. Make sure to double check the information.
The content has not been modified and is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licence.